RSPCA Million Paws Walk - Sunday 16 May 2010
What’s that noise? Can you hear it? It’s the sound of thousands of paws across the country, so it must be nearly time for the RSPCA Million Paws Walk! The RSPCA’s most popular event is happening Sunday 16 May, and 2010 is going to be the best one yet!
Every year, thousands of people and dogs nationwide walk for a cause and celebrate their love for animals by taking part in the RSPCA Million Paws Walk. From babies to seniors, Chihuahuas to Great Danes – it’s an event for everyone – two and four-legged.
“The RSPCA Million Paws Walk is always a great day out and this year there are nearly 70 locations across the country, with 22 of them in NSW,” said RSPCA NSW CEO Steve Coleman. “We look forward to meeting all our RSPCA Supporters and extend the invite to those without pets too. We must stress though that all dogs attending should have up-to-date vaccinations and be on lead.”
Registrations are now open and there’s lots of fun ways to get involved! Walk individually with your dog, or create a social or corporate team and pound the pavement as a group. Fundraise online and watch you or your team’s name dazzle in lights on the RSPCA Million Paws Walk Top 10 Leader board. For every $100 raised online, you’ll receive an entry into the draw to win a Hyundai i30CW SX Wagon valued at $24,000*.
The more funds raised online for the RSPCA, the more entries you’ll get into the draw!
Register online now and receive a discount, then gear up with official RSPCA Million Paws Walk merchandise including tees, caps and pet accessories. Walks around NSW are at:
• Albury − Hovell Tree Park, Wodonga Place, Albury
• Armidale − The Creeklands Armidale
• Bathurst − Bi-Centennial Park, George Street, Bathurst
• Berridale − Lions Park, Berridale
• Blue Mountains − Melrose Park, Albion Street, Katoomba
• Central Coast − Lyons Park, Masons Parade, Gosford
• Coffs Harbour − Coffs Harbour Shelter, 25 Dowsett Drive, Coffs Harbour
• Cooma − Centennial Park, Sharp Street, Cooma
• Dubbo − Ollie Robbins Oval (Behind Coles), Bligh Street, Dubbo
• Glen Innes − Glen Innes Showground, Torrington Street, Glenn Innes
• Goulburn − Girl Guides Hall, Faithfull Street, Goulburn
• Gunnedah − Kennel Club Grounds, South Street, Gunnedah
• Illawarra − Reddall Reserve, Lake Illawarra
• Inverell − Campbell Park, Captain Cook Drive, Inverell
• Kempsey − Kempsey Showground, Sea Street, West Kempsey
• Morpeth − Morpeth Common, Edward Street, Morpeth
• Orange − Elephant Park, Woodward Street, Orange
• Port Macquarie − Port Macquarie Racecourse, Oxley Hwy, Port Macquarie
• Sydney – The Overflow - Sydney Olympic Park, Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park
• Taree − Taree Showground, Muldoon Street, Taree
• Tweed Heads − Jack Bayliss Park, Marine Parade, Kingscliff
• Wagga Wagga − Wiradjuri Walking Track, Wagga Beach
Are you interested in holding your own mini-Million Paws Walk and raising funds for the RSPCA? If you live in the areas of Broken Hill, Mudgee, Moree, Newcastle, Nowra, Tamworth, Tenterfield, Ulladulla or the South Coast, then check out the website for details.
For tickets or information head to www.millionpawswalk.com.au or call 02 9782 4494
*Terms and conditions apply, see http://www.millionpawswalk.com.au/ for more information.