|Jack is available from the RSPCA Nowra Shelter.|
- The hutch - a good size with 2 compartments - one side should be enclosed for protection against weather and predators.
- The floor can be wood or wire mesh if it remains on grass. Cover it with newspaper and a layer of straw/grass hay/shredded paper.
- Clean the hutch every week!
- Ensure the hutch is well-ventilated and not directly in sun as rabbits can suffer heat stress.
- Provide them with opportunities to display their natural bahaviours - running, jumping, digging and sometimes flips in the air.
- Let them out in a grassy protected area but keep an eye on your sneaky bunny or the curious local cat/dog.
- Try housetraining your rabbit so that it can run around safely inside your home.
- Get a friend or 2 for your rabbit as they are very sociable animals.