Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Find-A-Friend; Blackie, Male, Labrador Cross/Sharpei


Hello I'm Blackie and I'm a friendly, playful boy.

I came to the shelter because my previous owner was moving and sadly couldn't keep me. I'd love to go to a family that has lots of time to spend with me, including taking me for daily walks and playing with me in the back yard or local park regularly.

I've learnt to walk beside you and sit on command but I may need a little bit of work still. It won't hurt to continue my training and encourage good behaviour. I'm friendly with most dogs at the shelter, but I can get a bit over excited sometimes. Young children need to be a bit careful around me because I might accidently knock them in my excitement to say hello. You can keep teaching me not to jump on people with positive reinforcement (treats, yes please)!

I would kind of prefer being the only dog in the household but if you have another dog it would be nice to have the company - I would like to meet them before going home with you in case we don't click. I do like to chase small animals so will not be suited to go to a home with cats or pocket pets (like guinea pigs, rabbits, ferrets etc). It would be nice to get a brush every few weeks and a bath when dirty. Please also ensure you have secure, 5ft fencing with no holes or gaps for me to squeeze through.

You can meet and adopt me from the RSPCA Sydney Shelter in Yagoona:
201 Rookwood Road, Yagoona, 2199.
(02) 9770 7555

Adoptions:
Monday to Tuesday: 9.30am to 3.00pm
Wednesday: Closed
Thursday to Sunday: 9.30am to 3.00pm
Closed on Public Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment