|RSPCA NSW School Holiday Program ramps up for summer|
RSPCA NSW is gearing up for another exciting school holiday program, with 20 action packed days in January.
Kids and young adults aged between eight and 17 are welcome to come and spend either half or whole days at the Sydney or Hunter Shelter this January.
There are five exciting hands-on sessions to discover:
- Animal Care: Tips on responsible pet ownership and help care for animals at the RSPCA Shelter.
- Animal Health: Meet RSPCA Veterinarians and learn how to keep animals healthy. The children will scrub up for surgery as they venture behind the scenes in the vet clinic.
- Animal Enrichment: Learn the tips and tricks from RSPCA Animal Attendants on how to keep animals mentally stimulated by creating treats and toys for the shelter animals.
- Animal Careers: Meet several experts including Animal Attendant, Inspector, Pet Trainer, Veterinarian and Vet Nurse and engage in a hands-on activity to see what each role entails.
- Animal Rescue: Meet the RSPCA Inspectors, who dedicate their time to rescuing animals in need. Get into the ‘Inspectors Only’ area at the Shelter and have a ‘behind-the-scenes’ look at the amazing gadgets they use to save different types of animals.
“Every child walks away with a smile on their face, and I do too,” said RSPCA NSW Education Officer Eva Wong.
For more information visit: www.rspcansw.org.au/get-involved/education-and-training/school-holiday-programs