Are you participating in Pancake Day? If so, don't forget your pooch!
Here is a great Dog Pancake Recipe.
You will need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted, or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced banana,
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Pre-heat a griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter and honey.
- Gently whisk in the whole wheat and all-purpose flours, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray.
- Drop the batter, 2 tablespoons at a time, onto the greased griddle.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles begin to form and break, about 3 minutes. Press a few pieces of fruit into each pancake, then flip and cook until brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle with the yogurt and top with the remaining fruit.
Don't forget to use our Shop Humane Guide when purchasing the ingredients!